Monday 2 January 2012


A Target Too Far?
 
The Learning Curve gets steeper.

 At the outset I set myself a target for the next three years of £3000 per charity. Obviously, I assumed, “everyone” would read books. Wrong! I quickly discovered that only the minority of people read books and an even smaller number read my genre.  It soon became clear that many more would like to read, but had difficulty in finding the time, or at least the various electronic boxes scattered around the home have a far greater priority on their time.

Thankfully, some people still read – I sold a few books. The feedback was good, the majority of the people really enjoyed Repercussion. The other side of the coin was that I soon started to get requests for the sequel. People wanted to know what happened next and “how dare I finish the book like that?”
 Hmmm I can hear the comments already, “Why didn’t you sort out your marketing to sell more books?” Given that option, I’m sorry, I prefer writing them! (In fact the plot for the next one is already causing me problems – it’s good and I want to get on with it!)

 The sequel, Reprisal, took about a year to complete, quite fast when you have a full-time job.



If you haven’t read Rob Alexander before note the introductory offer, if buy Reprisal, you can purchase Repercussion for half price. At the checkout you are offered a drop-down menu for your choice of charity. We will donate £2.00 for each sale of Reprisal. All internet sales of Repercussion are still divided between BLESMA and Combat Stress. Post and Packing is free of charge.
You'll find the website at;

www.houghtonbooks.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment